Position: Centre Midfield – the engine room.
How long have you been playing, and where did you start: I started at school as a 7 year old and played through Uni before taking a 13 year hiatus as London life and young family made sport take a back seat, until moving to HK 3 years ago gave me the chance to pick up the old stick again. Turning up to Prem training when I arrived in Hk with my old wooden hockey stick turned a few heads…
What’s been your HKFC hockey highlight: There are many:
– B team’s highest ever finish
– C team Div 1 runners up
– C team touring as a team on Jakarta Tour 2015
– The Youth Boys & Girls leading the way in their leagues
– Coaching my kids and their love for the game
– Seeing the faces of the U8s laughing and giggling through training before putting their game faces on and battling their way to silverware at the Mini Hockey Festivals
– Meeting Kate Richardson-Walsh in 2014, cant wait to see her and Helen again in a couple of months and hear all about this Olympic Gold winning experience. That I hope will be a highlight for the whole of HKFC hockey but especially the kids – inspirational!
What’s been your overall hockey career highlight: I guess it’s really the move to HK and the chance to get my hockey mojo back having not played since Edinburgh University.
Favourite thing about playing for HKFC: The teams – my C team, my minis team, my committee team, my summer (KimChees) team
Tell us something about yourself you don’t think other people would know: I failed the umpiring theory test…oh the shame! Not that Lyle would listen to me if I had passed it…